Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday's Thank You Notes #16 (9/23/11)

l make a list of serious and silly thank you's (a la Late Night) and post a picture of one of my handmade thank you cards every Friday. Have a happy Friday and a fantastic weekend!!! 

Today is the first day of autumn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stick figures are my specialty.

THANK YOU...
-Netflix, or should I say Netflix and Qwikster. If anything, shouldn't the red-enveloped DVD delivery service still be named Netflix and the newer-ish streaming service be renamed Qwikster? Why the two separate websites?

-conversation robbers, for always somehow tying any conversation topic to themselves.
"Oh, you went to Antarctica?! That's nice. Speaking of Antarctica, there was one time I was in the grocery store buying ice cream and..."

-random people I've never met who comment on my posts and/or check mark the little boxes. I wonder what it'd be like to meet all of these random people and give a big thanks. I mean, if you took time to read a blog primarily about corny, dorky, cutesy greeting cards you're probably a very pleasant person.

-PKD ("phone, keys, wallet" a mantra my friends and I used to have), for reminding me of the three key items I need to take with me anywhere I go. Too bad I forgot my wallet yesterday (but strangely had my Metro card) and took a subway, realized my stupidity, and took the subway back home. Is work sucking away all of my brain cells?

-forgetfulness, for...never mind. Forget about it.

-for reading!


3 comments:

  1. Well, I guess their logic was that "Netflix" should be streaming, hence the "Net". Maybe Qwikster should be renamed "Mailflix"? In any case, you're right: they shouldn't have separated the two, and unfortunately Netflix's process of phasing out mailed DVDs is just going to take yet another source of revenue away from the USPS :-(

    You went to Anarctica??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Netflix and Mailflix idea!

    And, no, I've never been to Antarctica. I wish! It was just an example of how a conversation robber could take the spotlight away from a person who is bound to have an interesting story :)

    Joe, whoooooo areeeee youuuuu?! Thanks for always reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 0_o Sorry if it was a mystery! I'm Jess/Hannah's friend. I saw this blog on your facebook page a few months ago and thought it was pretty awesome. I was also intending to start my own blog at some point but that hasn't happened yet..

    ReplyDelete