Monday, June 6, 2011

Operation Snail Mail

So I found The Guerilla Art Kit book by Keri Smith in a bookstore over the weekend and it got me thinking about little creative ways to make a statement. She suggests leaving post-it notes, sidewalk chalk greetings, books, etc. for strangers to find. Cool, right?

I've decided to do a project that would get people to send more postcards and greeting cards. Emails and other forms of online communication are much more convenient and efficient, but there's just something about receiving a handwritten note. There are already several similar projects like this--The Postcard ProjectPostSecretpostcrossing--but I would just self-stamp my handmade postcards and greeting cards and leave them in random places around the city and hope for people to send them to a friend or loved one. Wouldn't that be neat?

Operation Snail Mail


Maybe you'll find my card somewhere!! I'll post pictures of every place I leave a card!

No comments:

Post a Comment