Monday, December 3, 2012

Other Works of Art: wreaths

Now that the holiday season is upon us, I have an urge to put a wreath on my apartment door. I'd also like to make a paper project out of it, so I decided to Google 'DIY Paper Wreaths' and found these. I'll use one of these as inspiration for my own!!

1.Rolled Paper Wreath
These are just bits of rolled magazine paper and wrapping paper stapled onto a cylindrical wreath base. How easy! By varying the colors I use, I could spin this idea for any holiday - I could use green paper for St. Patrick's Day and oranges and blacks for Halloween!
Credit: Here
2. Star Wreath:
These are paper stars formed into a wreath shape. I love the papers used here! I could also cut paper into the shapes of presents or candy canes, for example, and do the same thing. Hmm. So many possibilities...
Beautiful DIY Paper Star Christmas Wreath DIY Christmas Wreath DIY Christmas Decor Creative Christmas Wreath Design
Credit: Here
3. Paper Book Wreath:
This is a lovely idea. I'm hesitant to ruin a book by tearing out its pages, but I suppose I could use decorative paper designed to look like book pages. Sheet music may also be a nice idea :)
paper book page wreath
Credit: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment