Thursday, August 18, 2011

CTRL+C and CTRL+V #5




These days I haven't been updating as much as I'd like to and it may continue to be a card a week instead of a day for a little longer. The same goes for the Friday thank you notes segment. Thanks!


"Cut and Paste"
I'm trying to do collage work inspired by photographs, advertisements, themes, and quotes. If based on photos or ads, they won't look identical to the original work (partly mainly because I don't have the skills), but I also kind of want them to be interpretative art pieces instead of just copies. 

GRAH! Making collages of people's faces is really hard. I found a really colorful Lacoste ad (see left) and thought that it would be relatively simple to do because the models wore sunglasses and I wouldn't have to figure out how to do eyes, but I was wrong. The male model looks like he aged twenty years and the woman looks like she is wearing a neck brace. Oh, and the man has no neck. Oops. 






No comments:

Post a Comment